Monday, July 12, 2010

This Running I'm Doing


I've sort of given up using the Biggest Loser club website as the access has been very poor for the last few months. Usually it took me about 10 minutes just to update what I've eaten for a day. I don't know why the website performance dropped so suddenly. Perhaps it's being hosted elsewhere, and the network infrastructure there sucks, well  I don't know.
However, now that I've purchased the Nike + Sportband, I'm fully utilizing Nikeplus website to track my running. Although I'm not able to track the rest of the cardio and resistance training I' doing, I think this is good enough.
I chose one program from the Nikeplus coach and try to follow as close as I can.


Actually I haven't ran much. I tried my best to run at least twice a week, depending on my work schedule. Lately I've been having many late afternoon meetings that usually dragged until 6 or 6.30pm. So, there goes my workout time slot. I have to admit that I do envy people who can workout at their chosen time and nobody bothers what time they reach home. 5.30 -7pm is my only workout time slot during the weekdays. I can't afford to leave the baby at home during weekends, so no time slot to workout at the gym on Saturday and Sundays. The best I can do is to push the baby in his pram and walk in the neighbourhood for 20 minutes or so. 
Besides brisk walking and running, I am also doing a lot of leg curls and step exercise lately. The GX classes don't suit my time anymore, so I have to make full use of my 1.5 hours at the gym twice weekly to work my big muscles in order to burn more calories. 
After the 'stomach snapping' incident a few weeks back, I have been sticking to 25kg for abdominal crunches. I only dared to increase it to 30kg last Friday and managed to complete 2 sets.
A work colleague recently went to jog at the lake next to our office. I've always been skeptical about the jogging track there as not many people were using it and it looked like a mosquito's favorite dwelling. It turned out I was wrong. My colleague confirmed that it's safe and comfortable for jogging. For her there's not much challenge there as it's just flat ground. She prefers hilly tracks like the one in TTDI park. 
I might try out that track some day. Meanwhile, I checked out the most suitable running shoes for me in Nikeplus website and the result that came out was the trainer I bought. Hooray! (Well, it was actually an impulse buy so when it suits me so well, I'm extremely happy. Should do more impulse buying. Hahaha!)
So, I will continue on following this running program and hope to progress to the next level before the end of October. By now I should be targeting which running challenge I want to participate in, but looking at my record (11 minutes 36 seconds per KM), well... maybe better not yet. Let's procrastinate for a few more months. Hehe. Hope it won't turn into a year or two. ;)

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

i think i need to run more too =/