Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Slacking

I should be feeling very guilty right now for I have been slacking in my diet and exercise program for the past 10 days. It started with a 4 days training where the organizer served us deliciously sinful food 5 times a days between 8.30am to 5.30pm. And then at night, I still cooked and had dinner with my family. I tried not to eat much during the day but with 5 meals during day time, I got too tired to count the calories so I just had whatever looked delicious enough.

During the 4 days, I didn't go to gym as the training was held in KL. Driving back from KL was challenging enough so going to FF IOI Mall was out of question. By the time I reached home, I was too tired to move a muscle and it was drizzling most of the days. So, couldn't take the baby out for a stroll. I just had a short nap and woke up for bath, prayers and prepared dinner.

I always felt exhausted during trainings. The same thing happened during my Uni days. I was always too tired, perhaps it was mental tiredness. I spent most of my afternoon sleeping during my Uni days. I also slepth a lot during the weekends. And I even slept a lot more during semester breaks.
During the first two semesters in Uni I played softball with the college team but it was too much for me. It's very difficult to commit my time to sports training sessions when I had to attend classes and labs in the morning. I was supertired most of the times that I decided not to participate in any co-curricular activities starting from the 3rd semester there.

Tired Puppy
Although I have been slacking for more than 10 days, when I weighed myself this morning I was still at a plateau. I was thankful I didn't gain like 3kg. Looking at the food served during the training, one can simply gain between 2-3kg after the 4 days. The food was seriously good and packed with calories, but it was of world class quality, so I didn't complain.

As usual, after I realized that I've slacked, it's time to bounce back. I re-started my regime yesterday. It started with having cereal for breakfast, light lunch and light dinner. Exercise regime was as usual - cardio plus resistance for 60 minutes. Dinner was homecooked, so I knew exactly how much oil and salt went into the wok. Well, at least that gave me some peace of mind.

The regime will be more strict for the next 3 weeks. Once Ramadhan start, there will be another regime. Usually during Ramadhan, we bought a lot of food from the bazaar. This year will be no exception, but we're trying to buy less. If I could go home earlier, let's say at around 4.30 pm instead of 5, perhaps I'll have the time and energy to cook for breaking of fast.

Exercise during Ramadhan is usually daily afternoon stroll at the bazaar... hahahaha....

3 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

haha.. enjoy first.. worry later =P

Anonymous said...

mari berdiet! :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site greysneakersdiaries.blogspot.com
Is this possible?