Sunday, July 4, 2010

Injury

What does the instructor always tells you? Push your limit. Prevent injury. Those two are the often heard whenever you attend Group Classes (or if you watch too many Biggest Loser  episodes..)

These days I try to push my limits. From running at 7.0 speed to 8.0 to 8.5 and sometimes 9.0. I also increased the weight for resistance training. For abdominal crunches I have also increased from 20 to 25kg.
Everything was going okay. My body could keep up with the challenge. Although sometimes, more muscles became sore. Well these are the (muscles) that have turned into MUSCLES, I guess.

Then suddenly on Tuesday, I decided it's about time to increase to 30kg (for abdominal crunches). I set the weight, set my position right. Towel checked. iPod checked. Favorite rock song checked. I was so ready, took a normal breath and pulled. Then I felt something snapped in my tummy. The left side of my C-sect incision. I exhaled, returned to sitting position and tried to relax. After a minute I tried to attempt another crunch, my tummy could not do it. No crunch possible. I took a few more deep breath, stood up and walked slowly towards the bar.

There was no pain, but since I didn't know what actually snapped, I decided to rest for awhile. After a few drinks, I walked about. Still no pain. Then I decided to run for another 15 minutes. Jumped onto the nearest available treadmill and started with 5.7Km/h.

Everything seemed ok. When I went home, that night I still didn't feel any pain.

Until today, no pain.

So, what was that (that snapped)? Hmmmm... need to see the gynae to really find out, I guess...

No comments: