Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tired


Today I rushed to the gym at 5pm with the intention to join BodyVive class. I was watching the class in progress about two weeks ago and decided it's not high impact and perhaps I could try it out.
It took me 30 minutes to reach FF IOI. When I've changed into my gym gear the class have already started. I went in and headed straight to the front. Except for a geeky looking guy and the instructor, there were all ladies in the class.

After the first track, I noticed a really old Ah Soh in the line behind me. I thought she must be already in her 70s. She looked frail, her hair was all white, her face and hands were all wrinkly and her movement was very slow. But she followed the class anyway. The instructor was also very considerate. He showed the old lady the right moves and explained them clearly to her during every track. It turned out, BodyVive was a very low impact exercise. I only started to sweat during the 5th track. But it's a good starting point for newcomers.

After the class ended, I went to the bar for a few glasses of ice lemon tea. Then, I checked the timetable wondering what's the next class. The Ah Soh was standing near me and she asked what class will start soon. I told her it's Kick-Boxing Fusion. I totally have no idea what Kick-Boxing Fusion was all about. The Ah Soh asked me whether she could join. I got a feeling that it's a high impact class. I didn't know what to tell the Ah Soh. She looked really interested to sweat a little bit more. Perhaps she was quite bored with the BodyVive; perhaps she was looking for a more challenging exercises.

So, I told her that kick-boxing is a form of martial art, have some similarities with Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do. She nodded and asked me again whether she could join. I felt really bad because I didn't want to encourage her to do something that might cause her injuries. So, I told her to go and talk to the instructor who was chatting happily with a few guys behind us.

She walked slowly towards the instructor but before she could open up her mouth to speak, the instructor rushed inside the class as it was about time to start Kick-Boxing Fusion. The Ah Soh then followed the instructor in and she was standing right in front of the stage, ready for some action. Encouraged by her passion and confidence, I followed her in and stood on her right.

When the class started, again I was surprised when the Ah Soh proved that she's a lot more than the frail looking old lady. She was doing really well with the boxing and kicking. Thank god she was not overdoing it and I was so happy watching her enjoying the exercise.

As for me, I only stayed until track 6 as it was already 7.15pm and I had to rush back, otherwise I might miss Maghrib prayer. Although I didn't manage to complete the class, I thought Kick-Boxing Fusion is not that high impact as BodyAttack. There's a lot of optional movements for older (or fatter) people. I'm tired now after the two classes but determined to do this again next Thursday.

* Image from weheartit.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices seeking the velcros are around 330 dollars everwhere. But finally I found this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that singular brand. The prices for the sneakers are about 200 bucks everwhere. But definitively I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular make. The prices seeking the velcros were approximately 300 bucks on every page. But finally I base this site selling them for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that particular make. The prices as regards the shoes are all over 240 bucks on every page. But definitively I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that particular model. The prices for the shoes were approximately 310 bucks on every page. But finally I found this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you tell me about these?