Thursday, October 29, 2009

Step One

As advised by friends and colleagues, I consulted my gynae regarding the workout sessions that I'm planning to have for the next month or so.
Surprisingly, she told me that I should only start joining the aerobics classes, BodyCombat, BodyAttack and  other high impact exercises after 6 months. That means, I can only start those exercises in March 2010!! Awwww...!!!
In the mean time I can only do the low impact ones like the elliptical trainer, wave machine, rower, stationary bike and treadmill (no running though). I should also be wearing the tummy binder during my work out session. I have already started doing some resistance training but limited myself to the lightest weight possible.
This is going to be like starting from zero all over again. Taking baby steps for the next one month and later increase the resistance and speed gradually. By right everything should be back to normal by April 2010? Yes? No? Don't know yet.
My gynae also advised to defer hiring Personal Trainer; have to wait and see. If the incision area is strong enough by then, it's ok to hire a PT. Otherwise, go swimming la maybe...
It's not too bad I think. Yesterday I did 15 minutes on the wave machine and rowed 2000 meters and was drenched in sweat afterwards. Come to think about it, I need to sweat in order to detox. Slimming down is not the top priority right now. Will discuss this again in March 2010! Remind me, ok.

4 comments:

Nomee said...

Interesting ni. Blog ni mari tepat pada masanya. Thank you.

D.N.A.S said...

Thanks Nomee!
I need to document a lot of things. Takut nanti i lupa.

havocmama said...

Hi there,
i think some gynaes are just more cautious than others. I went jogging immediately after pantang, so such thing as "rahim jatuh" or etc etc. And I did that for the last 4 deliveries (but mine was all normal deliveries, not c-sect).

D.N.A.S said...

Hello havocmama,
I'm glad to know you make time for exercise despite having 4 kids to look after.
For my case, the incision area hurt a bit when I tried to run. So, I decided to take things slowly.