Monday, December 14, 2009

Meat

I've been trying not to take too much meat since I started suffering from gastritis. According to the doctor, it was caused by poor digestion. I remember I always chewed my food quickly and swallowed them. I was always in a hurry during those days but I couldn't remember why.
The doctor prescribed the usual gastritis medication and advised me to changed my eating habit. It was a strict diet and I lost about 8kg after about 4 months. It was a no oil and no chilli diet. I was only allowed to have fish, chicken and vege. Meat was my biggest enemy back then.
When my health improved, I tried eating meat once in a while but my system took longer time to digest. I felt uneasy and sleepy after the meal. Eating meat during festive season usually would take a toll on my system. It also affected my bowel movement pattern. Finally, a few years ago I decided that I'd only survive with fish, chicken, seafood, vege and fruit.
If it's Hari Raya or entertaining friends, I'd limit myself to only a slice of meat.
There were times when I did consider becoming a vegetarian but realized I was not fully prepared. It's a huge step and a lot of things and habits need to be changed and I was just too lazy for them. Perhaps I might do it slowly. The first step is by omitting meat from my diet. That shouldn't be too difficult....

3 comments:

Kelvin -KtheBlogger- Tan said...

It's good to eat only veggies sometimes instead of meat.

In the western world, they even eat the vegetables as the main course and rice as a side dish.

Grace Ann said...

Hi,my friend had gastritis problem as well. But after taking herbalife, she is all ok now, yet lost a few kgs and became a confident person and great distributor of Herbalife.
If you would like to know more, drop me a line.
herbalife not only is nutritional but helps to lose/maintain weight, save money and make money when you share what it helps you.

D.N.A.S said...

Hi Kelvin,
yup agree with you. Same culture in the middle east. I love their salad. But, over here in Malaysia we don't have many choices when it comes to vege. It's always, sawi, taugeh, kacang, sawi, taugeh, kacang.... kobis...

Hi :),
yes, I've tried taking Herbalife last year. It really helped. And that's going to be elaborated in one of my upcoming posts.