Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cardio?

I found this really interesting article on cardio exercise. I have to agree with the author (who happens to be a certified trainer with vast experience in helping people get fit, lose weight and achieve impossible dreams.... having a six-pack for example). Traditional cardio exercise is seriously boring. I admit I was torturing myself when I did cardio training on those machines. Lately I only spent 15 minutes on each trainer. There's no fun in doing cardio. You get to watch TV and listen to music but the quality of exercise is questionable.



I tend to give up easily when I do cardio especially when there's no personal trainer to push and motivate me. I was always like, well.... there's nothing to chase, I'm not in a hurry. So the exercise became a walk in the park and the result was disappointing.



I noticed that I started to lose some weight and getting a more toned body after I frequently joined BodyCombat and BodyPump classes. BodyCombat is a lot of fun. I get to kick, punch, shout, laugh and not to mention interact with many people in the class.

BodyPump is quite a challenge. It seems easy, but after the 6th track, you're lucky if you could still feel your legs and arms. After the class ends, I always find it quite difficult to lift my arms. But, as my friends told me, sore muscle after exercise is a good news. That means you managed to work them.

I love it anyway, as everytime I go to these classes I'll surely sleep soundly at night.

*Images from weheartit.com

No comments: