Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Diary

The coolest tool cum strongest weapon in The Biggest Loser Club has got to be the Diary. It's where I have to write down (or in this case, search-scroll down-choose) everything I eat, drink and the exercises I do on that particular day. It's kinda user friendly although quite tedious at times, especially when the food I took was not listed in the system. Based on the entry, the system will calculate the total of calorie intake and how much we managed to burn (plus metabolism).

My calorie plan for a day is 1700. So, I have to be wise to plan my daily menu. At the beginning of the week I'll get my weekly menu plan as well as the shopping list. Previously I thought I was already quite good at eating plan e.g this afternoon I'll have Sakae sushi, tonight I'll have KFC. But now, I have to plan way ahead - about 7 days in advanced actually. I also have to be wise at getting substitute especially when I have to eat out instead of having my meals homecooked.

The target is to consume less than the target calorie and to have negative energy balance everyday. Negative energy balance is Total Calories consumed minus Total Calories burned (including metabolism). For the first four weeks, I've recorded an average of -800 energy balance and lost 3.5kg.

So far I think this is the best weight losing program available as I'm not deprived of any of my favorite food. At the same time I feel healthy, happy and focused.

This is my fifth week. I'm going to increase my workout intensity and will surely update on latest development. This is going to be great!

By the way, I haven't drank carbonated drink for 3 weeks and I still live. See.... it's one of the unimportant things that we always thought we couldn't live without.

4 comments:

Kate said...

good luck :)

D.N.A.S said...

Thank you meow!!
meow meow! ;)

atiqahdahalan said...

i read somewhere that it's difficult to lose weight if u don't eat enough. which is my biggest problem. sigh~
goodluck!

dillazag said...

Damn. That is good. How much did you pay for the Biggest Loser club sis? macam best aje tools dia...