Skip to main content

Wisdom

I received this from Srikandi egroup and loved it so much. This is good for all women's mental health.


Girlie Wisdom!  

1. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... she has 14 kids but she doesn't really care..  

2. One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs. 

3. My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely. 

4. The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.  

5. The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.  

6. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.. 

7. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today...  

8. Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness. 

9. I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my panties. 

10. Amazing! You hang something in your closet, for a while, and it shrinks 2 sizes!  

11. Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like...'You know sometimes I forget to eat!' .....Now, I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys, but I have never forgotten to eat.. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!  

12.. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing -- and then they marry him. 

13. I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!  


EMAIL THIS TO 5 EXTREMELY BRIGHT  WOMEN YOU KNOW AND MAKE THEIR DAY!!!  

LIVE SIMPLY...... ...LAUGH OFTEN....LOVE DEEPLY  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tired

Today I rushed to the gym at 5pm with the intention to join BodyVive class. I was watching the class in progress about two weeks ago and decided it's not high impact and perhaps I could try it out. It took me 30 minutes to reach FF IOI. When I've changed into my gym gear the class have already started. I went in and headed straight to the front. Except for a geeky looking guy and the instructor, there were all ladies in the class. After the first track, I noticed a really old Ah Soh in the line behind me. I thought she must be already in her 70s. She looked frail, her hair was all white, her face and hands were all wrinkly and her movement was very slow. But she followed the class anyway. The instructor was also very considerate. He showed the old lady the right moves and explained them clearly to her during every track. It turned out, BodyVive was a very low impact exercise. I only started to sweat during the 5th track. But it's a good starting point for newcomers. A...

Running

When I started going to the gym almost 5 years ago I couldn't run. I climbed the stairs to my office lobby with great difficulty and couldn't run at all. My right knee was giving me problems beside having to carry such a heavy body weight. I could do the crosstrainer, stationary bikes, elliptical and stepper at the gym but I couldn't even jog on the treadmill. When I joined GX classes, the instructor always reminded me to do the 'options'. I.e no jumping, no hopping and no quick lunges. After about 6 months of regular exercise I tried running but my joints were still not good enough. I started using guards to protect them. I could jog for a few minutes after about a year or so. My joints got stronger but I started to feel breathless after 3 minutes of slow jog. I knew I was still not fit enough to run. The fact is I was never a runner. Back in high school, I participated in the 100m and 400m races because they were compulsory. I also participated in the annual ...

It's 2025!!!!

 It's been more than 5 years of not updating this blog. Yeay! Hahaha! That's a new record! Now that I'm almost 51, I have to say that I'm so thankful I can still work out at the gym as well as outdoor. I'm still enjoying dance fitness classes and started outdoor cycling last year. Not doing it often as it's very dependent on the weather. Dancing, brisk walking and some weight training are the workouts that I can still do comfortably. Body Combat and Body Attack are not in my dictionary anymore. All those high impact exercises are now doing more harm than good to my body.  I've also added some supplements for the benefits of my health. This includes probiotics and prebiotics. When you've reached 5 series, your metabolic rate becomes low and your gut are not as efficient as when you were younger. That was the main reason I did a gut reset in December 2024.  Alhamdulillah now I sleep better at night and have less craving for sweet and fried food. Although s...