Skip to main content

Loser

On 6th Jan 2010 I joined BiggestLoserClub Asia. I've checked their charges a few weeks back and thought it was rather expensive. But when I found out that FF members get cheaper rates, I signed up without second thoughts.
Today is my fourth day into the program and I already lost almost 1kg. Wait, don't cheer yet. The program designed for me was for gym goers and it's quite tough. The recommended exercises made me go back to the cardio machines, no matter how much I hate them.
I did the cardio machines on the first day but the next day I joined the group exercise class - it was BodyPump. On the third day I also joined another group exercise class, Easy Step. It's been more than 2 years since I did Step. Couldn't remember why I hated it so much but that day my mind became clear again. During Step classes, I really need to work my big muscles and it involve a lot of body weight lifting. For a heavy woman like me, that's difficult enough.
Today, my big muscles are still sore from that Not-so-Easy Step class.
But I'm happy.... because now I have an online diary which is a good tool/weapon to ensure I stick to the program and remember my target. Oh, by the way my target is to lose 22Kg in 6 months' time.
Will update on the progress some time in March 2010. Until then, wish me luck...!

Comments

gnesop said…
good luck
i follow...

Popular posts from this blog

Tired

Today I rushed to the gym at 5pm with the intention to join BodyVive class. I was watching the class in progress about two weeks ago and decided it's not high impact and perhaps I could try it out. It took me 30 minutes to reach FF IOI. When I've changed into my gym gear the class have already started. I went in and headed straight to the front. Except for a geeky looking guy and the instructor, there were all ladies in the class. After the first track, I noticed a really old Ah Soh in the line behind me. I thought she must be already in her 70s. She looked frail, her hair was all white, her face and hands were all wrinkly and her movement was very slow. But she followed the class anyway. The instructor was also very considerate. He showed the old lady the right moves and explained them clearly to her during every track. It turned out, BodyVive was a very low impact exercise. I only started to sweat during the 5th track. But it's a good starting point for newcomers. A...

Running

When I started going to the gym almost 5 years ago I couldn't run. I climbed the stairs to my office lobby with great difficulty and couldn't run at all. My right knee was giving me problems beside having to carry such a heavy body weight. I could do the crosstrainer, stationary bikes, elliptical and stepper at the gym but I couldn't even jog on the treadmill. When I joined GX classes, the instructor always reminded me to do the 'options'. I.e no jumping, no hopping and no quick lunges. After about 6 months of regular exercise I tried running but my joints were still not good enough. I started using guards to protect them. I could jog for a few minutes after about a year or so. My joints got stronger but I started to feel breathless after 3 minutes of slow jog. I knew I was still not fit enough to run. The fact is I was never a runner. Back in high school, I participated in the 100m and 400m races because they were compulsory. I also participated in the annual ...

It's 2025!!!!

 It's been more than 5 years of not updating this blog. Yeay! Hahaha! That's a new record! Now that I'm almost 51, I have to say that I'm so thankful I can still work out at the gym as well as outdoor. I'm still enjoying dance fitness classes and started outdoor cycling last year. Not doing it often as it's very dependent on the weather. Dancing, brisk walking and some weight training are the workouts that I can still do comfortably. Body Combat and Body Attack are not in my dictionary anymore. All those high impact exercises are now doing more harm than good to my body.  I've also added some supplements for the benefits of my health. This includes probiotics and prebiotics. When you've reached 5 series, your metabolic rate becomes low and your gut are not as efficient as when you were younger. That was the main reason I did a gut reset in December 2024.  Alhamdulillah now I sleep better at night and have less craving for sweet and fried food. Although s...